Basundi is a milk based dessert which is popular in the western part of India. It is a sweet thickened milk flavored with cardamom and saffron with the addition of dry fruits but we present you this age old dessert with a sour twist.
Serves – 8
1.5kgs full cream milk
200g of sugar (you can use more or less as per your taste)
½ tsp cardamon powder (Elaichi Powder)
15 threads of saffron (Kesar)
7 oranges, peeled & de-seeded
Juice of 1½ oranges
1. On a medium flame, place a heavy sauce pan and pour the whole milk in it & reduce it to 3/4th in quantity.
2. Add the sugar, cardamon powder & 8-10 saffron threads in it & reduce the milk to half of its original volume which was 1.5kgs.
3. Turn off the flame and cover the pan with a lid and let the mixture chill for about 2 hours to avoid curdling of milk.
4. Once the mixture is chilled completely, add the peeled & de-seeded oranges in it and mix well.
5. Now add the orange juice and chill for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
6. While serving, pour the chilled basundi sour in the serving dish and garnish it with some saffron threads.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.