Macaroni may be one of the smallest, most humble varieties of pasta – yet, as this taste bud-tempting macaroni recipe prove, it’s one of the most versatile. This dish can be served before dinner in supper & can also be packed in lunch for kids because they will love it for sure.
Serves – 10
500g of Macaroni
1 tbsp olive oil (or you can use vegetable oil)
3 red onions, finely chopped
8 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp of crushed ginger
3 medium sized tomatoes, finely chopped
200g of mushrooms, washed & sliced
1 red capsicum, finely chopped
1 yellow capsicum, finely chopped
300g of grated mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp paprika (degi mirch )
1 tsp cumin powder
Salt to taste
⅔ cup of arrabiata sauce
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1½ tbsp peri-peri sauce
2 tbsp of mixed Italian herbs
Parsley for garnishing
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add some oil & Cook the macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to bite. Drain immediately & set aside.
2. In a wide sauce pan, sauté the onions & ginger garlic in olive oil till they take a golden brown color.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes on a medium high flame.
4. Add the remaining vegetables to the pan, sauté and then cover it with the lid till the vegetables are tender for about 8-10 minutes. Keep stirring at regular intervals.
5. Add the grated cheese to the mixture and mix well until it melts and is well combined with the mixture.
6. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, paprika, cumin powder & salt to taste, give it a quick stir. Add the mayonnaise, arrabiata, peri-peri sauce & mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
7. Add mixed Italian herbs. Mix well & now add the boiled macaroni & fold it well with the mixture, till the macaroni is coated well with the sauce. Cover with lid & cook for 5 minutes on a low flame.
8. While serving garnish it with parsley & serve hot.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.