Even the choosiest kids love a good burger & this spin on basic burgers is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Serves – 6
A. For Filling
1½ tbsp olive oil
2 large red onions, finely chopped
1 green capsicum, finely chopped
50g sweet corn, boiled and coarsely chopped
4 medium sized tomatoes, boiled & puréed
150g cottage cheese (paneer), crumbled
1 tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp black pepper powder
Salt to taste
B. For Assembling
12-15 soup buns
50g melted butter, salted
50g tomato ketchup
100g of mozzarella cheese, shredded
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat olive oil in a wide sauce pan. Once the oil is hot, sauté the onions till they turn golden brown.
2. Add the capsicum & cook till they become tender.
3. Add the corn & sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the tomato purée & cook for about 8-9 minutes till the oil separates from the sides.
5. Meanwhile take the buns & hollow them using a knife and make a well for the filling. Separate the bread crumbs of the scooped out portion of the buns.
6. Once the tomato puree is cooked, add the bread crumbs & the crumbled cottage cheese, mix well.
7. Add red chilli powder, black pepper powder & salt to taste in the mixture, mix well & turn off the flame. Let it come to room temperature.
8. Pre-heat the oven at 180ᵒ C.
9. Now for the assembling, take a hollowed bun and brush it with melted butter.
10. Now spread the tomato ketchup on all four sides.
11. Fill the well with the mixture.
12. Top it with shredded mozzarella cheese & bake it till the cheese melts & takes a golden brown color.
13. Garnish it with coriander leaves & serve hot.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.