Just a little something to serve with drinks or before dinner.
Serves – 6
2 medium onions, finely chopped
5-6 cloves of garlic, finely crushed
2 tbsp melted butter
½ tsp sugar
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp mixed Italian herbs
100g of shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup milk
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
12-14 ready-made canapés
¼ cup coriander
1. In a heavy sauce pan, give only one boil to the mushrooms. And then coarsely chop half of them & slice the other half.
2. In a wide sauce pan, sauté the onions & garlic in butter till they take a golden brown color.
3. Add both types of chopped mushrooms & sauté for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add salt, black pepper powder, mixed italian herbs & sugar. Mix well.
5. Add shredded cheddar cheese & mix until it melts & combine with the filling.
6. Add milk while stirring the filling and let the filling come to simmer & not at a boiling stage. Turn off the flame.
7. Don’t let the filling get thickened because once it will cool down, the cheese will tighten & create an even thicker filling. In case your filling is thicker than you need, you can add more milk.
8. While the filling comes at a room temperature, fry the readymade canapés in hot oil. Take them out immediately as soon as they take a very light brown color.
9. Pre-heat the oven at 180ᵒ C.
10. Fill the fried canapés with the filling and bake them for about 4-5 minutes or till the filling takes a golden brown co lour.
11. For garnishing, take the baked canapé, put some ketchup & coriander leaves on it. Serve immediately so that the canapés don’t get soggy.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.