Ohh we love pizza.. and I believe most of us love pizza. Whenever we feel to plan a party it mostly ends up in a pizza party. However, the after party effect are generally heavy stomach and a guilt of eating lot of unhealthy calories. So when we tried this whole wheat thin crust pizza we found out super duper party food.
Everyone’s favorite but with a healthy twist. A healthy 100% whole wheat crust that comes out soft and chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside.
It is healthy, really crispy, golden brown, and just greasy enough without overpowering the sauce underneath.
Serves – 4
A. For Pizza Dough
3 cups whole wheat flour (atta)
1½ cup water
2 tsp dry active yeast
¼ tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
50g mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tbsp olive oil
B. For Assembling
Whole wheat flour, for dusting
100g butter, melted
4 tbsp tomato ketchup
4 tbsp pasta pizza sauce
3 onions, thinly sliced
2 capsicum, thinly sliced
200g mushroom, thinly sliced
200g sweet corn, boiled
100g mozzarella cheese, shredded
100g cheddar cheese, shredded
Mixed Italian herbs, for sprinkling
Salt, for sprinkling
Black pepper powder, for sprinkling
(A) – Making the Dough
1. Take 1 cup of water in a wide bowl & lightly warm it.
2. Then add the sugar & stir so that the sugar dissolves.
3. Now add the dry active yeast & stir so that the yeast dissolves. Keep the bowl covered for 10 to 15 minutes till the mixture has frothed & bubbled up.
4. After the mixture has bubbled up, sift 1 cup whole wheat flour into it, and add olive oil, shredded cheese & salt in the frothed mixture. Mix everything with a spatula.
5. Then sift another 1 cup of flour into it and mix.
6. Now sift the remaining 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup water (or as required) & begin to knead.
7. The dough has to be kneaded really well till its soft & pliable. Add more water if required while kneading. We kneaded the dough for about 10 minutes.
8. Now rub some olive oil all over the dough & keep it aside, covering it with a damp cloth & allow the pizza dough to be leaven for 2-3 hours. (Depending on temperature conditions)
9. After the dough has leavened, divide it into 2-3 equal parts. Lightly knead all parts and cover it with a damp cloth for another 15 minutes.
(B) – Assembling
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180ᵒ C.
2. Take one portion of the dough & lightly dust it with whole wheat flour. Roll it evenly in a round shape using a rolling pin so that it forms a thin crust base.
3. Place the rolled out dough on the oven grill gently & brush it with melted butter.
4. Now mix tomato ketchup & pizza pasta sauce and brush it evenly over the pizza base.
5. Now spread some mozzarella & cheddar cheese evenly over the sauce.
6. Now top it with the veggies or you can add vegetables of your own choice on the base.
7. Now sprinkle some salt, black pepper powder, mixed Italian herbs & shredded cheese all over the base.
8. Bake it for about 18-20 minutes or till the thin crust base becomes crispy and takes a golden brown colour.
Slice it up & serve hot.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.