Hariyali Kabab is a delicious Indian recipe served as a Side Dish or for breakfast and snacks. True to its name, this kabab gives a boost to green health. This kabab has the power to captivate young and old alike, thanks to its sumptuous texture and lingering flavour.
Serves – 4
2 cups of spinach, chopped
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp ginger, chopped
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1 cup peas, fresh
1 green capsicum, chopped
½ cup green beans, chopped
2 potatoes, boiled & grated
¾ cup cottage cheese, crumbled
1½ tsp red chilli powder
1½ tsp chaat masala
1½ tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp oregano
½ tbsp mango powder
½ tsp black pepper powder & Salt to taste.
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
1 cup breadcrumbs, to coat
1. In a wide sauce pan, boil water & blanch the Spinach for about 3-4 minutes.
2. Strain all the excess water properly and keep the spinach aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped ginger garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
4. Add the chopped green capsicum, beans & fresh peas, sauté and cover with lid to cook for 8-10 minutes on a medium flame or till the vegetables have become tender. Turn off the flame.
5. Once the veggies are completely cool, transfer the cooked veggies to a blender and add the blanched spinach. Blend coarsely.
6. Transfer the blended mixture in a deep bowl and add the crumbled cottage cheese, grated potatoes, 1½ tsp red chilli powder, 1½ tsp chat masala, 1½ tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tbsp oregano, ½ tbsp mango powder, ½ tsp black pepper powder, salt to taste and 2 tbsp breadcrumbs in it. Mix well.
7. Grease your hands with some oil & make small kababs. Coat the kababs with breadcrumbs.
8. You can cook the kababs in two ways, either deep fry them or air fry them. The choice is yours. We air fried the kababs.
9. For air frying, pre-heat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 180ᵒ C. Place the kababs on the air fryer grill and cook for 6 minutes on one side, turn and then cook for 6 minutes on the other side or until they turn golden brown.
10. For deep drying, heat oil in a deep sauce pan and fry the kababs till they turn golden brown. Serve hot with mint chutney.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.