Sweet and spicy Indian gravies are in these days and If you are in for a yummy slightly sweet yet spicy gravy then this one is for you.
Serves – 4
6 readymade rasgullas
3 tomatoes, boiled & peeled
2 green chillies
1 inch ginger
¼ cup milk
1 piece of bread, edges removed
1 tbsp ghee
50g khoya, shredded
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp coriander powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp degi mirch
A pinch of garam masala
Salt to taste
Fresh cream, for garnishing
Coriander leaves, for garnishing
1. Take the rasgullas & properly squeeze out the sweet syrup from them. It should become completely dry.
2. In a deep bowl, soak the dry rasgullas in water at room temperature for 5 minutes & then squeeze out the water completely.
3. Now in another deep bowl add 2 cup of boiling water & soak the same rasgullas in it for about 5 minutes. Cover it with a lid.
4. Finally squeeze out the water again completely & keep aside.
5. In a deep bowl, add lukewarm milk and soak one piece of bread in it. Mix well and keep aside.
6. Now, in a blender, add the tomatoes, green chillies & ginger and make a fine purée.
7. On a medium flame, heat ghee in a wide sauce pan & add cumin seeds in it. Once they start to splutter, add the tomato purée in it. Cook until the ghee oozes out from the sides.
8. Add the shredded khoya & the soaked bread in the pan. Mix well & cook on a low flame for about 4-5 minutes.
9. Add salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, sugar, degi mirch & 2-3 tbsp of water. Mix well & cook for 4-5 minutes on a low flame until the ghee separates.
10. Add 1½ cup of water or as required to obtain the desired consistency. Cook for 15-18 minutes on a low flame.
11. Add a pinch of garam masala & dip the squeezed rasgullas in the gravy. Stir gently so that the rasgullas don’t break. Cook for another 5-7 minutes on a low flame covering with lid so that rasgullas expand again.
12. Garnish with fresh cream & coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.