Bajra Khichdi, with its creamy consistency and mild flavours, is both comforting and satiating and makes a lovely meal.
Kadhi Bajra with powdered jaggery is a dish that has indeed a curious way of bringing a smile on any foodie’s face. Rajasthani Pakoda Kadhi Recipe —> (Rajasthani Pakoda Kadhi)
Serves – 6
1½ cup bajra, crushed coarsely in a steel masher
1 cup rice, soaked in water for 30 minutes
4 litres of water
1½ tbsp salt
Ghee, for garnishing
1. On a medium high flame, bring water to boil in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Add bajra, stirring constantly. Cook for 45-48 minutes or until the bajra is soft. Keep stirring in between.
3. Add rice. Stir continuously for 3-4 minutes so that the rice doesn’t stick at the bottom.
4. Add salt. (In case you are making only bajra khichdi then you can add more accordingly)
5. Cook for another 38-40 minutes on a low flame or until both rice & bajra is cooked. Cover with lid & keep stirring in between so that it doesn’t stick at the bottom.
6. Check for consistency, it should be medium thick and not watery but keep in mind that it will thicken more as it cools.
7. Turn off the flame and serve hot. Top it with some hot ghee.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.