An easy to make appetizer which is crunchy with the sweet and spicy flavours that will explode in your mouth.
Serves – 2
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 inch ginger, crushed
2 medium sized onions, finely chopped
1 large capsicum, finely chopped
1 spring onion, finely chopped and greens kept aside for garnishing
200g lotus stems, thinly sliced
3 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp green chilli sauce
½ tbsp soy sauce
1½ tbsp honey
½ tsp red chilli powder
1 green chilly, chopped
Salt to taste
Oil, for frying
Sesame seeds, for garnishing
1. Take a bowl and soak thinly sliced lotus stems in water for about 5 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
3. While the oil is heating, drain the soaked lotus stems and dust them with corn flour evenly.
4. Deep fry the lotus stems until they turn golden brown in colour. Drain excess oil on a paper towel and keep aside.
5. Now heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and cook until they turn golden brown.
6. Add chopped onions, capsicum, spring onion and salt. Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables have become tender.
7. Add tomato ketchup, green chilli sauce, soya sauce and honey. Mix well till the sauces are well combined with the vegetables.
8. Add the red chilli powder and chopped green chilli. Mix well. The taste should be well balanced and neither too sweet nor too spicy.
9. Now add the fried lotus stems to the sauce and mix well until coated evenly.
10. Transfer to serving platter and garnish with spring onion greens and sesame seeds.
Serve hot & immediately so that lotus stems does not become soggy.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.