Today is India’s 69th Republic Day & we decided to celebrate this day with a true spirit of patriotism by making this easy & delicious recipe that is naturally tricoloured without a drop of food colour.
Serves – 6
1 large tomato, thinly sliced in round shape
1 small cucumber, thinly sliced in round shape
8 slices of bread
50g butter, melted
50g tomato ketchup
50g mint chutney
6 large potatoes, boiled & mashed
2 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp chaat masala
4 tsp corn flour
Salt to taste
2 green chillies, finely chopped
4 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1. Remove the edges of every slice of bread.
2. Cut out small circles with a round cutter. We made 3 circles from one slice of bread. (Total of 24 circles from 8 slices of bread)
3. Make bread crumbs of the removed edges & the remaining bread.
4. Thinly slice the paneer & cut it into circles using the same circular cutter you used for the bread slices.
5. Brush all the bread circles with butter.
6. Apply tomato ketchup on 6 circles & mint chutney on another 6 circles.
7. Now for making the tricolour sandwich, place the circles with tomato ketchup at the bottom, then the sliced tomatoes, then the buttered circles, then the paneer, then the circles with the mint chutney over it, then the sliced cucumber & lastly finish it by placing the remaining buttered circles. Set aside.
8. Heat oil for frying in a pan.
9. Meanwhile, add boiled & mashed potatoes, bread crumbs, red chilli powder, cumin powder, chaat masala, corn flour, salt to taste, green chillies, coriander leaves in a bowl & mix well.
10. Now for making the potato bombs, divide the mixture into 12 equal parts.
11. Grease a flat surface with oil & take two portions of the mixture & flatten them into two thin sheets using hands. Place one tricolour sandwich on one sheet & cover it with another sheet & carefully seal it into a circular shape. Repeat this process with the other 5 bombs.
12. Deep fry them on low flame (don’t increase the flame) by carefully placing them in the pan until golden brown.
13. Serve them hot with mint chutney, ketchup & sliced onions.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.