A thick sauce or dip made from roasted eggplant and sesame seeds, typical of eastern Mediterranean cuisine. This dip is rich, smoky, creamy & very easy to make.
A. For Tahini Paste
1 cup sesame seeds
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
B. For Baba Ganoush
2 eggplant (brinjal)
8 garlic cloves, each cut in half
6 tbsp tahini paste
2 tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
½ tsp red chilli powder
3 tbsp olive oil
Oil for greasing
C. For Garnishing
1. For Tahini Paste, in a pan, roast sesame seeds until they become fragrant & changes colour. Don’t over brown them. Let it cool.
2. In a blender, add the roasted sesame seeds & olive oil. Blend it into a very smooth creamy paste.
3. For Baba Ganoush, make 8 small cuts on 4 sides of one eggplant & stuff all the cuts with half a garlic each.
4. Grease a non-stick pan with oil. Place both the eggplants on it and brush them with oil as well.
5. Roast the eggplant for 15 minutes on one side, covering with lid & turn. Then again roast from the other side for 15 minutes, covering with lid until they become soft & the skin is burnt.
6. Let the roasted eggplant cool and then cut them in half. With a spoon, remove the seeds & scoop out the flesh from the skin. Throw the skin and remove all excess liquid.
Please Note: Make sure the eggplant is properly de-seeded & the skin has entirely been removed.
7. Now chop the eggplant really well.
8. Take a bowl & combine the chopped eggplant, tahini paste, lemon juice, red chilli powder, salt and olive oil. Mix well with a fork. Garnish it with pomegranate seeds and parsley leaves.
Serve with baked pita bread, falafel and hummus.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.