It is super easy to make, tasty, healthy and requires just a few simple ingredients. The unique flavor of hummus comes from tahini, a sesame seed paste.
A. For Tahini Paste
½ cup sesame seeds
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
B. For Hummas
3 tbsp Tahini paste
1½ cups chickpeas, soaked overnight
¼ cup olive oil
2-3 cloves of garlic
1½ tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
1 tbsp water
C. For Garnishing
1. For Tahini Paste, in a pan, roast sesame seeds until they become fragrant & changes colour. Don’t over brown them. Let it cool.
2. In a blender, add the roasted sesame seeds & olive oil. Blend it into a very smooth creamy paste. Keep aside.
3. Discard the water of soaked chickpeas & rinse them again in fresh water.
4. For boiling, in a pressure cooker add the chickpeas and enough water to soak them. Cook on high flame till 4 whistles and then on low flame for 30-35 minutes.
5. Drain all the excess water and set aside.
6. In a food processor, combine the boiled and drained chickpeas, olive oil along with , garlic cloves, lemon juice, tahini paste, salt & water. Blend well.
7. Keep scraping down the sides and blend again so that it becomes creamy and smooth.
Garnish with paprika and roasted parsley.
Serve with baked pita bread, falafel and baba ganoush.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.