Here comes the recipe for a romantic dinner. We thought of keeping the dinner light so late you and your partner can indulge into our Valentines Special Dinner as well. Before potato became the prince and eggplant the king of the Indian kitchen, there was the Beetroot, culinary world’s magical wand to nutritious & delicious meals.
We bring you this delicious recipe of kebabs which is an interesting way to make your loved ones consume more of healthy beets.
Serves – 6
A. Beetroot Kebab
½ kg beetroot, peeled & diced
4 large potato, boiled & mashed
1 cup bread crumbs
3 tbsp gram flour
2 tsp red chilli powder
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp oregano
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp mango powder
¼ tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp garam masala
1½ tsp chaat masala
Salt to taste
200g of mozzarella cheese
4 tbsp Ghee for shallow frying
B. For Garnishing
1. In a wide sauce pan, take 2 cups of water and once it starts to boil add the diced beetroot and cook until tender. Drain all the water and let it cool.
2. Add the cooked beetroot in a blender and blend into a smooth paste.
3. In a wide vessel add the beetroot paste, boiled potatoes, bread crumbs, gram flour, red chilli powder, coriander powder, oregano, cumin powder, mango powder, black pepper powder, garam masala, chaat masala & salt to taste. Mix until all is combined.
4. Cut the mozzarella cheese into ½ inch cubes.
5. Line a tray with parchment paper and grease it with oil.
6. Grease your hands with some oil and take the kebab mixture in your hand and roll it like a ball, flatten the ball and place the cheese cube in the centre and bring all the side together gently so that the stuffing is completely sealed inside.
7. Gently flatten the ball and then using a heart shaped cutter cut your kebabs carefully making sure it doesn’t break.
8. Place all the kebabs on the prepared tray carefully.
9. In a non stick pan, heat 1 tbsp of ghee on a low flame and place 5-6 kebabs at a time and cook for 3-4 minutes covering with lid. Turn and repeat. Make sure the cheese doesn’t ooze out from the kebab.
Serve hot with some ring onions and garnish it with mustard sauce.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.