Here’s the final dish of our Valentine’s Week. A buttery cookie crust, gooey caramel & bittersweet chocolate ganache. So if you’re looking for a dessert to share with your sweetheart, we have got an idea to help set the mood.
Indulgence, thy name is chocolate.
Serves – 8
A. For the Crust
18 chocolate cream biscuits
30g melted butter, unsalted
B. For Caramel Filling
¼ cup cold water
¼ cup heavy cream
35g butter, unsalted
C. For Chocolate Ganache
½ cup heavy cream
120g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
50ml warm milk
Vanilla Wafers, for garnishing
1. For the crust, roughly break up chocolate cream biscuits & place them in grinder, then grind until fine crumbs form.
2. Add the melted butter, mix until it looks like wet sand & no dry crumbs remain.
3. Pour it into the tin, then press firmly into base & sides evenly. Refrigerate for 30 min.
4. For the caramel filling, place the sugar & water in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat & cook without stirring until sugar dissolves & gets a caramel colour.
5. Remove the pan from the heat & add the cream. It will bubble a little bit. Cook for about 1 or 2 mins stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until smooth.
6. Remove from heat & add butter. Stir well until smooth.
7. Let the caramel cool slightly & then pour over the chocolate crust. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
8. For the chocolate ganache, heat the cream in a saucepan.
9. When the cream just begins to boil, remove from heat & add the chopped chocolate. Let it sit for one min, then stir until all is combined.
10. Add the warm milk and mix until a smooth texture appears. Let it cool.
11. Pour the chocolate ganache over the caramel. Spread it evenly & refrigerate for another 2 hours before garnishing.
12. Remove the tart shell carefully. With help of a heart shaped cutter make silhouette on the tart leaving some space between them.
13. Crush some vanilla wafers & with a help of a small spoon & the heart shaped cutter place them over your tart.
14. Place a heart shaped wafer dipped in chocolate in the center.
Freeze for another 2 hours before serving.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.