A speciality of holi festival, this recipe is a burst of tang, spice, sweet and salt in your mouth. Try these delicious Dahi Gujiyas for this Holi festival & treat your loved ones a colorful plate of deliciousness.
The bite of blissful food.
Serves – 8
A. For Gujiya
1 cup white urad dal, soaked for 4-5 hours
30g coconut, finely shredded
10-12 almonds, finely chopped
1 inch ginger, grated
1 green chilli, finely chopped
Oil for frying
2 tbsp salt
B. For Curd topping
800g of curd, sieved
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black salt
3 tsp boora sugar
2 tbsp Dahi masala
C. For Garnishing
1. Discard the water of soaked urad dal & rinse them again in fresh water. Make sure there is no water remaining.
2. In a grinder, grind the dal into a smooth THICK paste. You can add 1 tbsp water if it is crumbly.
3. Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying & mix coconut, almonds, ginger, green chillies & raisins together in plate. Keep the mixture aside.
4. Now take a thick plastic sheet & brush it with water. Now wet your fingers with water & take a small lemon size ball of the batter & flatten it using fingers on the wet plastic sheet. Put some mixture in between. Now fold the circle into half holding onto the plastic sheet.
5. Carefully pull the plastic sheet making sure the shaped gujiyas don’t break. Place the gujiyas on your wet palm & now pull off the plastic sheet from the other side of the gujiyas.
6. Slowly drop the Gujiyas in the hot oil & deep fry until golden brown on both sides. Make sure the flame is on medium low.
7. Now in a deep bowl, add water & salt & soak the fried gujiyas for 1 hour.
8. Meanwhile, combine sieved curd, salt, black salt, boora sugar & dahi masala.
9. For serving remove the soaked gujiyas from water, keep it between your palms and gently press it to squeeze out the water. Place the gujiyas on the serving plate & pour a good amount of curd topping over them & top it with mango chutney, green chutney & some sprinkled paprika.
**Mango Chutney & Green Chutney Recipe —> (The Chutneys)
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.