These chicken dumplings are special. They are not for quick weeknight meals. Save this recipe for special occasions & everyone will talk about it.
Serves – 8
A. For Dough
3 cups all purpose flour (maida)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt to taste
1 cup cold water
B. For Filling
500g chicken mince
5 onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
Salt to taste
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tsp ajinomoto
2 tsp oregano
½ tsp chaat masala
1. For making the dough, take a wide vessel & combine all purpose flour with vegetable oil.
2. Now start adding water, little bit at a time & knead the dough for about 8-10 minutes.
3. Let the dough rest for about 30-45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, for the filling, combine the finely chopped onions, chicken mince, ginger garlic paste, salt to taste, oil, ajinomoto, oregano, chaat masala & mix really well.
5. Brush a good amount of oil on the plate of the steamer on which you’ll be placing the dumplings to keep them moist.
6. Divide the dough into equal small portions. Shape them into balls & cover them with a moist napkin.
7. Take each dough ball and on a lightly dusted board, roll it into a thin disk of about 2-3 inch diameter.
8. Take a dough disk, wet it’s edges & place a spoonful of chicken filling in the center, bring the edges together to cover the filling, twist carefully to seal the momos while you work on pressing the edges carefully (Refer the video on Instagram).
9. Repeat the process till all the dough & the filling is used up.
10. Meanwhile, fill your steamer pot with enough water to boil for several minutes. Set it over high heat.
11. Arrange the momos on the oiled steamer plate which you had prepared & steam them for about 12-15 minutes or till the momos are steamed well.
Please Note: Make very sure that the steamer plate is not submerged in the water.
Serve them with an amazing Hot & Spicy Chilli Garlic Sauce.
**Hot & Spicy Chilli Garlic Sauce Recipe —> (Hot & Spicy Chilli Garlic Sauce)
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.