If you love Chinese or Indo-Chinese cuisine, some kind of chilli sauce is a must in your pantry. We made some of our own. It is one spicy, firecracker sauce! It has the lingering heat of dried red chilies combined with the smoky goodness of garlic. Best accompanied with dumplings & spring rolls.
2 cups of water
10-12 dried red chillies
2 tbsp vegetable oil
10 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbsp soya sauce
Salt to taste
1. Make small cuts in the tomatoes so that they’ll be easier to peel later.
2. In a pressure cooker, add 2 cups of water, tomatoes & red chillies. Turn off the flame after one whistle.
3. Take out the tomatoes, peel & dice them. Keep aside.
4. Give one more whistle to the remaining red chillies in the pressure cooker on high flame.
5. Heat oil in a saucepan & sauté the garlic until golden brown.
6. Add the chopped onions and sauté till they turn light brown.
7. Add the tomatoes & red chillies and sauté for 2-4 minutes.
8. Add soya sauce and salt to taste. Cook for 5-7 minutes on a medium flame.
9. Once the spices come to room temperature, blend them into a smooth sauce in a grinder.
Hope you enjoy this spicy but sinful sauce with our Steamed Chicken Dumplings.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.