Crisp outside, soft inside, slightly sweet & spicy. They are the perfect thing to eat when you want a little bit of everything.
Serves – 6
1. For Fries
3 large potatoes, sliced like fingers
3 cups of water
3 cups of water
1 tbsp salt
C. Dry Coating
2 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tbsp rice flour
1 tbsp oil
D. Wet Batter
½ cup all purpose flour
½ cup rice flour
½ tsp salt
¾ cup water (more, if required)
Oil for frying
2. For Honey Chilli Sauce
2 tbsp oil
20 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
4 green chillies, finely chopped
2 spring onion white’s, finely chopped
4 medium onions, diced
2 green capsicums, diced
Salt to taste
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp soya sauce
4 tsp green chilli sauce
4 tsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp cornflour mixed in 2 cups of water
3 tsp honey
3. For Garnishing
Green’s of spring onion
1. Soak fries in water for 15 min. Drain them.
2. Take a pot & boil water with salt in it. Add the fries & boil them on medium flame for 4-5 min. Drain again.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients mentioned under Dry Coating section. Put the boiled fries & coat them gently.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients mentioned under Wet Batter section. Put the fries in small batches so that each of them is well coated.
5. In a wok, heat oil for deep frying on medium flame. Add the coated fries, one at a time, to prevent them from sticking together.
6. First, for semi-frying the fries, fry them on a medium flame until slightly golden.
7. Once done semi-frying all the batches, fry them again until golden brown.
8. For honey chilli sauce, heat oil in a saucepan. Sauté the garlic & green chillies until cooked.
9. Add the spring onion white’s, onions & capsicum & cook until they are crunchy.
10. Now add salt, black pepper powder, soya & green chilli sauce & ketchup. Cook for 3-4 mins on low flame.
11. Add the cornflour water & cook for 2-3 min.
12. Add honey, mix well & turn off the flame. Let the sauce cool down for 5 min.
13. Add the fries, mix gently & serve by garnishing it with sesame seeds & spring onions.
Please Note: Serve immediately before they become soggy.
For video, refer —> Instagram – Crunchy Honey Chilli Potatoes
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.