Navratri festivities give you a chance to get back to the roots and deviate from the day-to-day affair. The Aloo Sabzi, Kuttu Pakodas & Mithi Dahi in our thali tastes best when eaten together.
Serves – 4
A. Aloo Sabzi
2 tbsp oil
1 green chilly, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 medium sized potatoes, boiled & peeled
3 medium sized tomatoes, finely chopped
½ tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
Sendha salt to taste
1½ cup water
2 tbsp curd
¼ tsp garam masala
½ tsp mango powder
Coriander leaves for garnishing
B. For Kuttu Pakodas
4 medium sized potatoes, boiled & peeled
2 green chillies, finely chopped
½ cup kuttu aata
½ cup singhara aata
1¼ tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1¼ tsp mango powder
Sendha salt to taste
1 cup water
Oil for frying
C. Mithi Dahi
4 tbsp sugar
Paprika powder for garnishing
1. For aloo sabzi, heat oil in a saucepan on medium heat & add cumin seeds, cook until they start to splutter.
2. Add tomatoes & green chillies. Cook until tomatoes become tender.
3. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder & salt. Mix well.
4. Roughly crumble the boiled potatoes using hands & add them in the saucepan. Cook for 10 min on low heat.
5. Add water & cook again for 10 min on low heat.
6. Add curd, garam masala & mango powder. Mix well & cook on medium heat for 10 min. While serving garnish it with coriander leaves.
7. Now for kuttu pakodas, heat oil for frying on medium heat.
8. In a mixing bowl, mash the potatoes using hands. Combine the mashed potatoes with green chillies, kuttu aata, singhara aata, red chilli powder, coriander powder, mango powder, sendha salt to taste & water. Mix well.
Please Note: Make sure the batter is medium thick & not runny.
9. Drop spoon full of batter in hot oil. Fry until they turn golden brown. Serve hot.
10. For mithi dahi, combine the sugar & curd, whisk it well until the sugar is dissolved.
Garnish it with some paprika powder & serve.
Wishing you all a very Happy Navratri. 🙂
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.