The most easy & tasty homemade veggie burger recipe! You can make fabulous veggie patties from potatoes because potatoes absorb the flavors added to them quite well and have a satisfying texture that is both crunchy and soft. Crank up this potato and veggie patty a bit with some spices and you’re golden.
If you’ve struggled with having veggie burgers fall apart or being too dry and crumbly, then this recipe is perfect for you.
Homemade veggie burgers are an excellent source of protein for vegetarians. So if you’re having a potluck and not sure what to take, then this Veggie Burger is your answer.
Serves – 6
A. For Veggie Patty
4 potatoes, boiled, peeled & mashed
1 carrot, peeled & diced
1 onion, diced
¼ cup peas
1 bunch of fresh coriander leaves
¼ cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp pasta seasoning
2 tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp chaat masala
¼ tsp black pepper powder
Salt to taste
B. For Assembling
Oil for semi-frying
4 readymade burger buns
4 tbsp cheese spread
4 cheese slices
Ice berg lettuce, dipped in ice water
2 tomatoes, sliced in circles
1 onion, sliced in circles
1. In a food processor add the carrot, onion, peas & fresh coriander leaves. Blend coarsely.
2. In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, coarsely blended veggies, breadcrumbs, pasta seasoning, red chilli powder, chaat masala, black pepper powder & salt to taste. Freeze the mixture for 2 hours.
Please Note: Don’t skip freezing the mixture! Resting will help the patties stay together.
3. Make thick round patties and place them on an oiled plate.
4. Heat oil in a pan for semi-frying on medium flame. Once the oil is hot, carefully place the veggie patty and fry them until golden brown and crisp, for about 4 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking process.
5. For assembling the burger, spread 1 tbsp of cheese spread evenly on both sides of the burger.
6. Apply green tabasco on one side of the burger and mustard sauce on the other side. Place sliced tomatoes on one side & sliced onions on the other.
7. Place the cooked veggie patty over the tomatoes & then the cheese slice.
8. Placed the iceberg lettuce over the onions & close the burger.
Serve with some french fries & of course ketchup!
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.