Murgh Malai Tikka is a grilled chicken tikka with unique combination of spices along with curd, cream & cheese. These melt-in-your-mouth tikkas are super easy to make and are bursting with flavours.
Smothered in homemade marinade these tikkas will surely rock your barbeque party.
A little different from regular grilled chicken tikka, this is a kind of chicken which can be served many ways – as appetizer, snack, or main course with naan bread or rice.
Serves – 4
A. For Chicken Marination
300g chicken breast, cut in cubes
100g hung curd
80g mozzarella cheese, shredded (room temperature)
50g fresh cream
¼ tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
⅛ tsp black pepper powder
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp cumin powder
¼ tsp garam masala
Salt to taste
Juice of one lemon
2 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp olive oil
Butter for greasing
B. For Garnishing
Green Chutney (The Chutneys)
1. In a deep bowl, combine the hung curd, shredded cheese & cream.
2. Add in the red chilli powder, coriander powder, chaat masala, ginger garlic paste, black pepper powder, oregano, cumin powder, garam masala, salt & lemon juice. Mix well.
3. Add the ghee & olive oil. Mix well.
4. Make small slit in the chicken and massage it in the marination for about 10 minutes.
Please Note: Don’t skip on massaging the chicken or else it wont become soft and tender.
5. Marinate for atleast 4 hours.
6. 30 minutes before cooking your chicken, dip some wooden skewers in water to prevent them from burning while cooking the chicken.
7. Pre-heat the oven at 180ᵒ C.
8. Grease a baking tray with butter.
9. Thread the pieces onto the wooden skewers and bake for about 16 minutes, turning them once in between. Later grill them on a high rack for 8-10 minutes.
Please Note: Make sure the outer coating of the marinate does not turn dry. Allow it to remain slightly creamy.
Serve hot with some onion rings, lemon wedges, chaat masala & green chutney.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.