Crispy Cottage Cheese Puffs are a perfect tea time snack or starter recipe for the party. An easy, quick and tasty appetizer recipe made with puff pastry which makes it crisp and crunchy on the outside along with moist and flavorful cottage cheese filling on the inside.
If you feel like having some snacks, but you are bored with scones or anything with bread, these Puff are an ideal choice.
These cottage cheese puffs are to be served with our absolute favourite dipping sauce that is Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce!
Serves – 12 pieces
A. For Filling
3 tbsp vegetable oil
200gm cottage cheese, cut in small cubes
½ tsp cumin seeds
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
½ green capsicum, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tbsp red chilli sauce
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp vinegar
Salt to taste
100gm mozzarella cheese, cut in very small cubes
B. For Puff Pastry
1 cup all purpose flour
3 tbsp corn flour
1¼ cup of water, or as required
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp vegetable oil
Oil for frying
C. For All Purpose Flour Slurry
2 tbsp all purpose flour
2½ tbsp water
D. For Serving
Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce
1. In a pan heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and shallow fry the diced cottage cheese. Set aside.
2. In the same pan heat 1 tbsp of the remaining vegetable oil, add cumin seeds in it and wait for them to splutter.
3. Add the onions, green capsicum & green chillies. Cook till they become tender.
4. Add the mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, red chilli sauce & vinegar. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the shallow fried cottage cheese.
5. Add salt. Mix well and let it come to room temperature.
6. Crumble the cottage cheese and add the diced mozzarella cubes. Mix well.
7. For puff pastry, in a bowl add all purpose flour, corn flour, salt & water. Whisk well to make a flowing batter with a slight thin consistency.
8. Heat a non-stick tava over medium heat. Pour 2 tbsp batter in the center. Gently spread it clockwise to make a thin crepe.
9. Pour some oil over it and turn it to cook from the other side.
10. To make the slurry coating, mix all purpose flour & water in a bowl.
11. Now for assembling, place the pastry sheet on a clean flat surface. Place a spoon full of filling about 2 cms away from the corner of the sheet.
12. Apply the slurry on the three sides as shown in the picture below.
13. Take the sides and stick it to the corner slurry.
14. Now roll into a tight wrap around the filling and keep rolling till there are no gaps in the roll.
15. Before rolling all the other puffs, heat some oil for deep frying.
16. Roll all the sheets in the same manner.
17. Fry the puffs till they are golden brown in colour on medium heat.
Serve hot with some fried crispy noodles & of course the Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.