A Thai favourite. These fine rice noodles are cooked and tossed with garlic, fried tofu, bell peppers, cabbage, onions and other spices. Pad Thai Noodles are certainly among the most popular Thai dishes and it’s always been a favourite of ours.
In Thailand, people are fiercely loyal to their favorite pad Thai. After a taste of this quicker vegetarian version, we think you’ll start to feel that same sense of loyalty.
This is a perfect recipe for those who want a lighter noodle dish without the meat. These noodles without meat, but with peanuts is perfect for a hearty meal.
Serves – 4
A. For Noodles
200g Rice noodles
3 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp White vinegar
8 cloves of Garlic, crushed
1 Onion, thinly sliced
30g unsalted butter
½ Yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
½ Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
½ Green capsicum, thinly sliced
1 cup Cabbage, thinly sliced
2 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 packet Maggi masala
1 tsp Chaat masala
½ tsp Cumin powder
¼ tsp Black pepper powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp Soya sauce
1 tbsp Red chilli sauce
1 tbsp Tandoori mayonnaise
1½ tsp Red tabasco
¼ cup Water
1 tsp Cornstarch
B. For Garnishing
Crushed peanuts, salted
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tbsp olive oil along with salt, white vinegar and the rice noodles.
2. Cook the rice noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite. Drain immediately & run it under cold water. Set aside.
3. In a wok, heat 2 tbsp olive oil & add the crushed garlic. Cook until the garlic is slighly golden in colour.
4. Add onions and cook until the onions are golden brown.
5. Add the butter & mix well.
6. Add the yellow, red and green bell peppers and mix well.
7. Add the cabbage and cook until the vegetables are lightly softened and yet crisp.
8. For the spice mix. Mix together the oregano, red chilli powder, maggi masala, chaat masala, cumin powder, black pepper powder & salt to taste.
9. Add the spice mix to the cooked veggies and saute for 5-6 minutes on low heat.
10. In a cup, add water & cornflour. Mix really well to avoids lumps and add the cornflour water in the wok. Cook for 3-4 minutes on low heat.
11. Add the soya sauce, red chilli sauce, tandoori mayonnaise & red tabasco. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
12. Lastly add the cooked rice noodles & mix well using two ladles in a tossing motion (like tossing a salad).
Please Note: Noodles are cooked to perfection when they are soft but still deliciously chewy and a little bit sticky.
Make sure to cook these noodles near to the serving time as we won’t recommend reheating them.
While serving garnish the noodles with some fresh parsley and crushed salted peanuts.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.