Vegetable Gold Coin snack looks like a small gold coin because of the appealing golden colour it gets from deep frying. It’s a yummy lip smacking dish and a perfect snack for any party.
The Bread roundels are topped with spicy potato mixture. It is exciting enough with just a potato mixture, but it shifts into a totally different plane when topped with sesame seeds and deep-fried!
Serves – 16 coins
A. For Base
4 pieces of bread
B. Vegetable Topping
1 potato, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
250g cauliflower, chopped
125 ml water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp green chilli sauce
1/2 tsp soy sauce
C. For Slurry
2 tbsp all purpose flour
3 tbsp water
D. Add ons
10g sesame seeds
E. For Garnishing
1. In a pressure cooker, add the potato, carrot, peas, cauliflower & water. Pressure cook the veggies on high flame until one whistle, and then on low flame for 5 minutes. Turn off the flame, and let the pressure cooker depressurize itself.
2. In a non-stick pan heat oil on medium flame & saute the garlic until golden brown.
3. Add onions and cook them until they take a light brown color.
4. Add the cooked veggies in the pan and using a masher, coarsely mash the veggies.
5. Add salt, black pepper powder, green chilli sauce & soya sauce. Saute for 2-3 minutes on medium flame. Set aside.
6. Cut the bread slices into rounds with the help of a cookie cutter.
Please Note: We made 4 bread roundels out of one piece of bread.
7. Combine the flour & water in a bowl, mix well to make a thick paste. Keep aside.
8. Heat oil for deep frying.
9. For assembling, take one bread roundel and place the vegetable filling over the roundel and spread it evenly.
10. Spread a slurry mixture evenly over it and then sprinkle some sesame seeds.
Please Note: Make sure you spread the slurry uniformly on the veggie-topped bread roundels, so that the two layers bind well, and sprinkle the sesame seeds also immediately so that they stick well to the batter.
11. Deep fry the coins on medium flame until they turn golden brown.
While serving garnish them with Green Chutney & Tomato Ketchup!
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.