Spicy, spicy, spicy! You know we like it spicy. And this Indo-Italian pizza is perfect for spice lovers. Chicken Tikka Pizza is a perfect marriage between an Indian and an Italian recipe, bringing you a unique and delicious flavor.
Oh wait, did we tell you we made this pizza with a Whole Wheat Base? Whole wheat Pizza is a healthy alternative to refined flour pizza. It is gloriously delicious and the most wonderful thing about it is, you can serve it to your family without any remorse.
This Whole wheat Chicken Tikka Thin Crust Pizza is delightfully crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. For toppings, we added some chicken tikka, mushrooms & black olives.
Serves – 4
A. For Chicken Topping
200g chicken breast, cut in small cubes
2 tbsp hung curd
1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
1/2 tbsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp chaat masala
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
Butter for greasing
B. For Pizza Dough
Refer to the link –> Whole Wheat Thin Crust Pizza
B. For Assembling
Whole wheat flour, for dusting
100g butter, melted
4 tbsp chilli garlic sauce
200g mushrooms, diced
300g mozzarella cheese, shredded
Pizza seasoning, for sprinkling
Salt, for sprinkling
Black pepper powder, for sprinkling
1. For making the dough refer to our Whole Wheat Thin Crust Pizza Recipe. Link given below.
2. Let’s start by marinating the chicken tikka. In a deep bowl add hung curd, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala, paprika, chaat masala, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, salt to taste and mix well.
3. Add the chicken breast cubes and olive oil. Massage the chicken for 2-3 minutes into the marination and let it marinate in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
4. Grease a non-stick grill pan with butter and heat it on low flame.
5. Semi-cook the chicken tikka on medium heat.
6. Pre-heat the oven at 180ᵒ C.
7. Take one portion of the dough & lightly dust it with whole wheat flour. Roll it evenly in a round shape using a rolling pin so that it forms a thin crust base.
8. Place the rolled out dough on the oven grill gently & brush it with melted butter.
9. Brush chilli garlic sauce evenly over the pizza base.
10. Sprinkle some pizza seasoning.
11. Now spread some mozzarella cheese evenly over the base.
12. Top it with the semi-cooked chicken tikka, black olives & mushrooms.
Please Note: You can add your choice of toppings on the Pizza.
13. Now sprinkle some salt, black pepper powder, mixed Italian herbs & shredded cheese all over the base.
Please Note: Use salt in a very less quantity since the pizza seasonings also contain some salt.
14. Bake it for about 18-20 minutes or till the thin crust base becomes crispy and takes a golden brown colour.
Please Note: We forgot to add black olives while assembling the pizza, so while baking we quickly topped it with some black olives.
Slice it up & serve hot.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.