The fourth recipe of the Diet Week is one of our favorites, Couscous Salad. It doesn’t taste like any regular salad! It’s made with whole wheat couscous, onion, mushroom along with a hit of honey!
Couscous is sugar-free and fat-free and contains about 66% of the recommended daily dose of selenium. Whole wheat couscous is more nutritious than the regular variety.
The Macronutrients of this recipe are great for a healthy breakfast. A glass of milk along with this amazing salad and you’re all set.
★ Calories – 90
– Protein – 3.03 grams
– Fats – 0.4 grams
– Carbohydrates – 18.4 grams
Serves – 6
½ cup whole wheat couscous
⅔ cup water
1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
1 medium sized cucumber, finely chopped
100 gm sweet corn, boiled
100 gm mushroom, chopped & boiled
½ tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp pasta seasonings
Salt to taste
Juice of 1 lemon
2½ tsp honey
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. In a bowl, heat the couscous with water in the microwave for 3 minutes or until all the water is absorbed and the couscous is fluffy.
2. Add the onion, cucumber, sweet corn & mushroom to the couscous & mix well.
3. Add black pepper powder, pasta seasonings & salt.
4. Add the lemon juice along with the honey. Mix well.
5. While serving garnish the salad with some fresh coriander leaves.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.