Shahi Sheer Khurma Recipe is a traditional dessert that is made with milk and dry fruits as the name suggest. Sweet and thick Shahi Sheer Khurma is prepared on the morning of Eid as a breakfast.
As aromatic as it is sweet, Sheer Khurma is a rich vermicelli pudding. “Sheer” literally means sweetened milk and “Khurma” means dry dates; doesn’t that combination already make your mouth water? Besides dates, you can also add almonds, raisins and pistachios to infuse a collage of exotic flavors and aromas to this already delectable dessert recipe.
Enjoy this Sheer Khurma on Ramadan with our Nawabi Chicken Biryani Recipe. May you be guided by your faith in Allah and shine in his divine blessings.
Serves – 6
2 liters toned milk
100g vermicelli, roasted
Few strands of saffron
10 almonds, peeled
100g khoya, grated
8 dry dates, chopped
20g unsalted pistachios, chopped
20g chironji dana
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp green cardamom powder
1. Let’s start by making almond and cashew paste. Add the almonds & cashews in a small mixer grinder along with ¼th cup of milk. Blend into a smooth paste. Set aside.
2. Add the khoya and ¼th cup of milk in a bowl. Mix well & set aside.
3. Boil the rest of the milk on high flame in a deep non-stick vessel stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
4. After one boil, lower the flame and add the roasted vermicelli, sugar and saffron threads. Keep stirring with a flat bottom spatula to prevent the vermicelli to stick to the bottom. Cook for 5 minutes.
Please Note: Since we used roasted vermicelli, we added it directly to the milk. If you have unroasted vermicelli, take 1 tbsp ghee in a pan and roast them on a medium flame for about 3-4 minutes.
5. After 5 minutes add the khoya paste along with almonds and cashew paste. Mix well and cook for another 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
6. Add the chopped dry dates, pistachios, chironji dana & raisins. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes on medium flame.
7. Add the cardamom powder along with vanilla essence. Give one boil on high flame while stirring constantly & then cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
8. If you like your Sheer Khurma to be hot, have it right away. But if you like it to be cold, refrigerate it overnight or for a few hours and enjoy this yummy delight.
While serving garnish the Sheer Khurma with some dry fruits and a few threads of saffron.
Eid Mubarak! 🙂
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.