As promised here’s the recipe of our Mirchi Roti. An exciting treat for your palate, these roties give you the delightful flavour of green chillies, at acceptable spice levels.
These whole wheat flour roties are stuffed with a tongue-tickling mixture of deseeded green chillies perked up with cumin and caraway seeds, and cooked with oodles of oil to get the authentic desi touch.
These stuffed roties are filling and doesn’t require any sabji. They are super tasty, and since they are moderately spicy, you don’t need any special accompaniment. They can be served with pickle, chutney or just curd.
Serves – 7-8
4 thick green chillies (California Chillies)
1¼ cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp caraway seeds
Oil for cooking
Ghee for garnishing
1. Deseed & cut the thick green chillies in rings.
2. In a bowl combine whole wheat flour, oil, salt, turmeric powder, cumin seeds & caraway seeds. Knead into a soft dough using enough water. Let the dough sit down for 5 minutes.
3. Divide the stuffing and the dough into equal portions.
4. Heat a tava on medium flame.
5. Sprinkle some whole wheat flour on a flat surface & roll out a portion of the dough into a thin roti.
6. Apply some oil over the roti and start folding it as shown in the photo.
7. Roll the vertical shaped roti again from one end to the other as shown in the photo below.
8. Press the roti dough with your palm to flatten it & then place a portion of green chillies on it.
9. Sprinkle more flour. Turn the roti in a way that you can roll it out from top while the green chilies are at the bottom. Roll it out into a not very thin roti.
10. Apply some water on top of the roti.
11. Place the roti on the hot tava from the water side so that the roti sticks to the tava. Cook on medium flame for 1 minute.
12. Instead of turning the roti, turn the tava and cook for another minute or till your roti looks cooked.
13. Repeat steps 5 to 12 for the rest of the roties.
14. Garnish the roti with some ghee & serve immediately with fresh curd.
Please tell us what you think about this recipe by rating it.
Like, Share & Follow us.
And don’t forget to give us a feedback in the comment section below.